********2017 Summer Indie Book Awards!*************
Yes, it’s that time of year again, folks! The 2017 Summer Indie Book Awards is now open for nominations! There are a few changes from last year, so make sure to read the rules carefully! Nomination forms are at the bottom.
2017 Summer Indie Book Awards Rules
First of all, let me say right off the bat that rude behavior toward SIBA or any nominated authors, including harassing e-mails and accusations of cheating will absolutely NOT be tolerated by anyone. If you can’t be nice to one another, we respectfully request you to remove yourself from the awards. This isn’t the place for mud-slinging, accusations, threats, or generally nasty behavior.
- Any book may be nominated as long as it is an independent or small-press author (no major publishing houses such as Random House or Penguin, among many others) and/or publisher. Authors who also publish with big name publishers may submit books as long as the submitted book is published independently. Books must be published between September 1, 2016 to June 1, 2017. Nominations for books published before or after these dates will not be accepted.
- Nominations will begin at midnight CST every January 1, and continue until midnight CST on July 1. Voting will begin at midnight on the morning of September 1, 2017.
- Metamorph Publishing will make every attempt possible to contact authors of nominated books, whether through their book pages or on Facebook. However, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to locate and contact every author who is nominated.
- Nominees will be given access to a .png file (transparent background) that they may freely use on their book covers or in promotional materials. Any author found using the nominee badge on a book that was not nominated will be barred from participating, and any of their books that have been nominated will also be disqualified. Any nominee who needs assistance getting the badge onto their cover or banners may contact Metamorph Publishing for assistance, at no charge. You can do this using the contact form on the Summer Indie Book Awards page at Metamorph Publishing or by emailing us at email@example.com
- Authors may nominate their own books; however Metamorph Publishing asks that if you nominate your own books, be respectful and nominate someone else’s as well. This event is meant to help awareness of indie authors as well as provide increased visibility to readers.
- Metamorph Publishing will host and promote the main event on their website as well as on Facebook. The event and any prizes awarded are exclusive of Facebook, and Facebook is not affiliated in any way with the event. Other authors may volunteer to post articles or interviews about the event on their own websites or blogs.
- During nominations, Metamorph Publishing will collect prize donations from authors; however this is NOT a requirement for nomination or for winning. Donations can be signed paperbacks (although keep in mind the winner may live overseas from your location), e-books either emailed directly from the author or gifted through Kindle/Nook/Kobo, etc., audio books gifted through Audible, iTunes, or Amazon, bookmarks, novelty items (coffee mugs, keychains, other swag), gift cards (Amazon or Barnes and Noble are always good, but pre-paid Visa or Mastercards for a certain amount could be useful as well), or even gift baskets (a small coffee mug and hot cocoa, for example; as long as it can be mailed) and services such as editing, formatting, or cover design. Metamorph Publishing will collect and maintain email addresses from authors for the purpose of making sure the prize gets to the winner; your email address is SACRED to us and will never be sold or even given away without your express permission.
- Voting will be conducted using Poll Maker. Voting will open at midnight on September 1 each year and close at midnight on September 11. Anyone will have the ability to vote for one or more books once every day, in each of the categories. Authors may vote for their own books, but please, if you do, be respectful of others and vote for someone else’s book too. We realize there may be a few people out there who would win no matter what it takes, but if we discover someone violating the rules laid out here (voting multiple times from numerous devices or hiring large groups of people to vote, for example), the author will be banned from the awards for life.
- First, second, and third place authors will be chosen by Poll Maker at the close of voting. Please allow a few days for us to compile the results. Winners will be announced on our website, on the Summer Indie Book Awards Facebook page, as well as in the Facebook event itself. We will also make every attempt to contact the winners through other means (Facebook or Google search, or via the Amazon author page) if necessary.
- Badges will be awarded to first, second, and third place winners, with the category of the win included on the ribbon. Winning authors may use these digital images to add to their book covers, if they desire, post on their website or blog, or use for social media. These badges are Creative Commons images with no copyright attrition needed. Any author found to be using these winner badges who has NOT won the right to use them will be banned for life. Any author who has difficulty adding these badges to their media can contact us using the form at the bottom of the page on the Summer Indie Book Awards home page at Metamorph Publishing or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prizes will be awarded as such: Metamorph Publishing will contact the winners and the prize donors to facilitate awarding of prizes. Authors who have donated will be required to make every effort to award their prize to the winner. Metamorph Publishing assumes no responsibility after the winner and donor are contacted. Any author who does not award their donated prize will be banned for life (certain exceptions can be tolerated at Metamorph Publishing’s discretion).
- Above all, be respectful to others, share the news of your nomination with others, and have fun! Rude behavior will not be tolerated. Rude or slanderous comments on the poll pages will not be tolerated. Abide by the golden rule and treat others as you would have them treat you. Again, Facebook or any social media outlets are in no way affiliated with this contest, it is hosted solely by Metamorph Publishing.
Authors, we don’t mind if you nominate your own books, but please, if you do, make sure to nominate other deserving authors as well. This is an opportunity for fun, to meet new people, and possibly reach new readers. To nominate books, use this form. If you would like to donate prizes, use this form. Prizes can be anything from paperbacks, e-books, audio books, swag, gift cards, services, etc. And, if you’d like to volunteer some time, you can fill out this form, or you can sign up for the volunteer newsletter. To make sure you stay up on all the latest news, sign up for the awards newsletter.
Make sure to share with all your friends, and let’s make this awards season even better than last year’s!
Follow Us! by
Share this on:by